20 Natural Ways to Eliminate Common Infections
We have all experienced different types of infections that were not serious enough to make us go to the doctor but were still too annoying to ignore. Fortunately, there are a lot of remedies you can make at home on your own.
Info-Ideal made a list of treatments for the most common infections. They are very helpful for fighting the symptoms and recovering in a short time, so read them to the end.
Pain in the throat is a common symptom when you get any of these infections, which are mainly caused by viruses or bacteria. It makes us feel so uncomfortable that we are eager to get rid of it as soon as possible, despite the fact that it usually goes away on its own.
- Inhaling moist air helps to soothe a sore throat. Take a steamy shower, or lean over a pot of hot water with a towel covering your head, and inhale the steam. A few drops of peppermint essential oil in the water will give an additional calming effect for your throat and cough.
- Smoking irritates your throat and causes a dry cough, so you should quit smoking at least for this period. Try not being around smokers as secondhand smoke is just as bad.
- To make a real elixir for your throat, you should take ginger root and pour boiling water over it. When the water cools, add lemon juice and honey (don’t add them when the water is too hot as it ruins their healing properties). Drink this warm several times a day, and you’ll get well quickly. If you don’t have all of these ingredients, just use whichever ones you have as they are great by themselves.
- For relief from symptoms, make a mixture of tomato juice and hot water (in a 1:1 ratio). Add several drops of hot pepper sauce, and gargle with it. The lycopene from the tomatoes and the capsaicin from the hot pepper are good remedies for a sore throat.
These infections cause inflammation of the sinuses, which results in symptoms like facial pain, headache, a feeling of nasal stuffiness, and fever.
- Apply a warm compress to your face for 5-10 minutes. It will start the sinus flow and reduce congestion.
- Use a saltwater rinse to keep your nasal passages clean and kill bacteria. To make it at home, you just need to dissolve half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm boiled water.
- Spice up your food to open your nasal passages. Hot spices will be very useful for you during this period.
- Pressing particular points on your face will help to fight the symptoms. If you press the point between your eyebrows for one minute and then the points on both sides of your nostrils, it will help to relieve pain and reduce congestion.
There are 4 types of skin infection (depending on their origin): bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic. Each of them needs a special medical treatment. Home care can work well to reduce the symptoms for all kinds of skin infections.
- Cold compresses will reduce itching, so apply one to your skin several times a day. To make it more effective, you can make a compress with apple cider vinegar (diluting it with an equal amount of water). Apple cider vinegar has good antibacterial properties and helps to kill infections.
- Make some changes to your diet. Eat more foods and spices with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects such as garlic, ginger, honey, and turmeric. Eat yogurt every day as the probiotics it contains help to fight against bad bacteria. You can also apply any of them to your skin directly for a better effect.
- Coconut oil has antifungal properties and soothes the skin very well. Apply it to the affected skin area a few times a day, and you’ll soon see the effect.
- Tea tree oil has antiseptic qualities that kill an infection and prevent it from spreading. Mix it with olive oil or aloe gel, and rub it gently into your skin. It will help you to recover much more quickly.
Eye infections happen when bacteria, fungi, or viruses invade the eyeball or surrounding area and cause a lot of unpleasant symptoms such as itching, swollen eyes, eye discharge, red eyes, and more.
- Exercise your eyes. Rotate them in a clockwise and then anti-clockwise direction. Move them up and down, left and right for 10-15 minutes. This increases the blood flow and helps to fight the infection.
- Tea bags can be a good compress for infected eyes, reducing irritation and inflammation. After you’ve made yourself a cup of tea, put the used tea bags on your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Just make sure they are not too hot.
- Wash your eyes with baby shampoo. It will wash off the dirt and infected secretions much more effectively than plain water, and it doesn’t irritate your eyes.
- Use salt to make an eyewash by mixing it with warm boiled water. Use it a few times a day to relieve discomfort, balance the pH levels in your eyes, and remove bacteria.
We have all experienced these when we were not too responsible about what we were eating or drinking. The most common symptoms of foodborne illnesses are vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
- Your body loses plenty of water through vomiting and diarrhea, so it’s really important to drink a lot of water and other liquids. First, you’ll stay hydrated. Second, you’ll wash the infection out of your body. To replace the minerals you’ve lost, you can try sports drinks.
- Activated charcoal is a well-known remedy for foodborne infections, and it’s very effective — so don’t neglect it. It perfectly absorbs toxins and bacteria and helps your body to get rid of them.
- If you suffer from diarrhea, you should eat bananas as they are rich in potassium, which provides great relief from diarrhea.
- To get rid of nausea, drink herbal tea. Peppermint tea and chamomile tea are the best since they calm the stomach, minimize cramps, and neutralize the infection.
Do you know any other natural remedies that are helpful against infections? We’ll be happy if you share them with us in the comments.
Illustrated by Alena Sofronova for BrightSide.me
You Are Reading the current post :
20 Natural Ways to Eliminate Common Infections
Tips & tricks, Inspiration about Girls stuff, Inspiration about Relationships, Inspiration of Family & kids, Inspiration, Inspiration about Health
You Like To READ :