9 Stretching Exercises That May Help You Get Rid of Body Asymmetry and Speed Up Your Metabolism
How many times have you said to yourself, “Next Monday, I’m going to the gym” or “I’m going to start riding a bike and running in the morning!” and then end up breaking that promise? Our bodies need physical activity in order to stay healthy. But it tends to be hard to find enough time for fitness or other activities: work and home duties take a lot of time. It is great that coaches have come up with a series of simple exercises that you can do at home in order to keep your muscles in shape.
We at info-ideal know that the price for all the cookies we’ve eaten and the sedentary lifestyle is extra weight. This is why we suggest that you get up, stretch, and make your body work like it should.
Neck and shoulders
A soft stretching exercise for the neck. This exercise will return the flexibility to the muscles and remove the fat near the 7th vertebra.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees.
- Fold a towel, as shown in the picture above, and place it on the back of the head.
- Pull the blanket up trying to stretch the neck. Keep the elbows to the sides to allow yourself to breathe freely.
- Take 3 deep breaths and repeat the exercise 3-4 times.
A static stretch for the shoulder muscles. Tension in the shoulder area has a negative effect on the vision and causes frequent headaches.
- Lean with your shoulder on the wall.
- Bend the arm at the elbow and lift it so that the shoulder is parallel to the floor and the fingers are pointing down.
- Rotate the body from the wall, avoiding any painful sensations.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then do the same with the other arm.
Twisting that improves blood circulation and increases lymphatic drainage. This exercise is good for people who have the first signs of saggy skin.
- Lean with your shoulder on a vertical plank. You can use the door frame.
- Hold the frame from the opposite side.
- Rotate your body so you feel the muscles stretching on the back of the arm.
- Make sure the arm is horizontal and the wrist is in line with the shoulders. Do the exercise for 30 seconds on each side.
Back and abs
This is an exercise for the thoracic spine. Tense muscles in this area don’t allow you to breathe freely and can make you pant. In order to do this, you need a special yoga block or a thick blanket.
- Lie on your stomach, lift your shoulders, and cross your arms under your chest.
- Place your forehead on a towel.
- Stretch to the sides with your fingers, but not too much.
- Close your eyes and take 8 deep breaths. You can repeat this exercise again after a small break.
Stretching of the inside and side muscles of the belly. This exercise prevents the appearance of fat on the waist.
- Squat and put one leg to the side.
- Lean on your hand and stretch the other one away from the legs.
- Watch your breath and hold this position for 30-40 seconds.
This static stretching exercise can help you tone the skin on the hips and fight cellulite. Doctors claim that these exercises can help remove the swelling and the pain caused by a sedentary lifestyle.
Stretching for the lower back muscles and quadriceps. This exercise is necessary for anyone who drives a car or spends the entire day at a desk.
- Get into a lunge so that your knee is under your chest.
- Bend your other leg and place the foot on the wall. If you do this right, you will feel the stretch on the front part of the hip.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
A smooth stretch for the buttocks and hips.
- Pull your knees toward your face and cross your ankles.
- Keep your back rounded and try to reach your legs with your nose, but without hyperextending them.
Shins and feet
This is a static exercise for the front part of the hips, shins, and feet. This exercise removes the swelling and the pain from walking in high heels.
- Lie on the floor, leaning on your elbows.
- The feet should be under the buttocks.
- Make sure your back doesn’t hang, arch your chest up.
- Hold the position for 30-40 seconds.
Toning of the back of the hip that is susceptible to cellulite.
- Place your palms on the wall.
- The distance between the legs and the wall should be 20-25 in.
- Place the front part of the foot on the wall and bend the knee. The second foot should stay on the floor (don’t lift it). Hold this position for 30 seconds and then do the same on the other leg.
Do you think you can find enough time for these simple but effective exercises?
Illustrated by Daniil Shubin for BrightSide.me
If You Like it Don’t forget To share with your frieds and family : 9 Stretching Exercises That May Help You Get Rid of Body Asymmetry and Speed Up Your Metabolism