Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel was sentenced in Charleston County court today after pleading guilty to third-degree assault and battery.
The politician-turned-reality star was arrested in September 2018 and faced criminal charges after an incident that took place on January 25, 2015, where he allegedly assaulted his children’s nanny, Dawn.
According to a Live 5 News report, Thomas appeared in Charleston County court Wednesday morning and pled guilty to third-degree assault and battery. The Bravo star was then given a 30-day sentence suspended to a fine of $500.
Dawn may have not been present during the sentencing, but her words were. The judge read a letter written by the assault victim and Thomas, 56, agreed to everything that was stated.
“Your honor, on the night of the incident I did attempt to kiss her and in so doing I grabbed her arm and that was wrong, and I am much appreciative of the opportunity to apologize to her in court today,” Thomas said in court.
While Thomas, 56, was never charged with sexual assault, his former nanny accused him of just that as she told investigators that Thomas got undressed and put her hands on his private parts and then grabbed her private parts. She also stated that her bra’s underwire cut her skin and that she couldn’t breathe because her shirt was wrapped around her neck.
Investigators were given photographic evidence of Dawn’s injuries to her neck and chest that they say were “appropriately time-stamped.” Cops also “corroborated the incident date and location through employment records of the victim and Ravenel,” stated the affidavit.
Back in July 2019, Thomas accused his ex and former cast member Kathryn Dennis of being in cahoots with the nanny in an attempt to help her gain custody of their two shared children. Kathryn and Dawn both strongly denied this claim.
Bravo has previously stated that Thomas will not be returning as a cast member on Southern Charm. He did not appear in the most recent season of the show.
Photo Credit: Faye Sadou/MediaPunch/INSTARimages.com