News

‘Wheel of Fortune’ host Pat Sajak says he’ll remain on the show 2 or 3 more years

Pat Sajak, who has been hosting the iconic game show “Wheel of Fortune” since 1981, said Friday he plans to retire in two or three years.

“I don’t have a date in mind, but you know, two, three [years],” he told ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

The news follows a health scare that took Sajak away from his hosting duties for the first time in nearly 40 years. Vanna White, who has been turning tiles on the show since 1982, stepped in this month to host an entire episode by herself for the first time because Sajak had a blocked intestine.

Sajak told “GMA” that he is “a little nervous” that White enjoyed hosting too much.

“When I went back taping last week, she brought in some homemade cupcakes and I did have someone taste mine before I ate it,” he joked.

Sajak, who has been an outspoken conservative and Republican political donor and is still known for making political jokes on his Twitter feed, also told “GMA” the surgery was “completely successful.”

“There’s no aftereffect,” he told GMA. “There’s no underlying medical condition.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Pin It on Pinterest